Friday, September 7, 2012

Danke!

Good morning!

I am feeling thankful this morning and wanted to share a card I created using WPlus9's Folk Art Floral set + PTI's German Global Greetings.


I die cut the folk art shapes from very thin balsa wood and colored them with Amuse pigment ink and a daubber.  I love how rich the colors looked!  After determining placement, I stamped the sentiment then embossed the panel with a woodgrain impression plate. I adhered the wooden pieces, punched the bottom and added a bit of twine and a button.  The completed panel was adhered to a card base that I covered with cheerful yellow gingham patterned paper from Lily Bee designs. 

I was kind of aiming for a cuckoo clock feel to the card with the German greeting.  Did it work? 

News to share!
So, I mentioned earlier that I am feeling thankful.  One of the things I am thankful for recently is an invitation from amazing Danielle Walls to join the Neat & Tangled design team!  You can read about the new members of the Neat & Tangled team here. I am super thrilled for this amazing opportunity to work with Danielle and her talented Design Team, and I can't wait to show you the projects I have in mind for Neat & Tangled stamps! Just wait until you see what Danielle has in store in the coming months- it's cute and fab.... which is a pretty sweet combination if you ask me! :o)



Hope your Friday is off to a fabulous start!  Thank you for stopping by! 

Katie



3 comments:

  1. Big Congrats on the Neat & Tangled news!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, this card is SO STINKING ADORABLE it hurts a little bit. Secondly Congratulations! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!